Friday, December 31, 2010

PDCC62 and some wonderful news!!! :)

Hi friends! This is such a great month for me!!! I've been sooooo lucky! I won another challenge today. The Verve December Challenge, and the prize they were giving out is their January release. I've always wanted to try Verve Stamps but just never got around to it. Now I can FINALLY use them on my cards!!!! Yay!!! I was sooo surprised and happy that I literally started jumping and then ran out to tell my husband the great news. He was laughing a little because I was sooo excited. But then who wouldn't be?! Hahaha! :)

Good news aside, I have a card for all of you tonight. It's for The Play Date Cafe Challenge #62. Here's their inspiration photo and color combination.


Here's my take on the challenge. I concentrated on my kraft cardstock and I put in little bursts of color here and there. My Mat Stack 2 Collection finally came in the mail. (Thank you Julie!!!) It was a Christmas gift from my sister! :) I also used some of my new stamp sets that arrived yesterday. I stamped fancy flourishes on the upper right and lower left corners of my card base. I used chocolate chip and very pink. Then I stamped music scores on vintage cream cardstock and punched the corners with a Martha Steward punch. The Mat Stack 2 collection stamp I used here is my favorite out of all the stamps in that set. Although I must they they're ALL gorgeous! I tried to keep this simple. I hope you like it! Happy New Year to everyone!!! See you all next year!!! Haha! I mean tomorrow! :) Good night! 




9 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous work, Jean...love the soft subtle look of such bold colors. Happy New Year from The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win Jean! Love, love, love this card...such a lot of texture and those hints of colour. FaB! Thanks so much for playing with us in the play date cafe this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome win Jean!! Love this card, such a wonderful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love your take on the colors and ADORE the punched music sheet! Lovely card design and a huge congrats on winning those new stamps!! Free stamps are the BEST stamps :) Glad you played with us this week at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Jean! Gotta love those Verve stamps! Your card is absolutely dreamy with the sheet music background and those wonderful bursts of pink color! Can't wait to see you get inky with those new stamps! (And husbands just DON'T understand!)
    Glad to have you playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on winning your Verve stamps! That is exciting news. And I love how you pulled everthing together for the PDCC challenge. So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Great win on Verve stamps:) LOVE how you used these colors--love love love that seam binding! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work Jean! - very soft and subtle and feminine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read several good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to make such a wonderful informative web site.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails