Wednesday, December 29, 2010

VLVDec2010 Week 4 and CQC #65

Hi bloggie friends! Here's another card for the Verve December challenge. I skipped the 3rd week and went straight to this sketch. I also used the colors on Colour Q's challenge 65. The colors were absolutely elegant. It was perfect for what I had in mind. Here's the sketch and the color combination.







So here's my take on these two challenges. I must say, I just love Teresa's sketch. Isn't it great?! I just love sketches with bands in the middle...and of course let's not forget the ribbon! :) It was a good night tonight, I had great news at work! Well, some not so good news too...but when I got home my box from Emma's Paperie was waiting for me. Which totally made up for the not so good news. With the box came this gorgeous stamp set from Tattered Angels. This HUGE flourish was right in the middle of the stamp set. I had no idea it was going to turn out this big! Anyway, I LOVE flourishes! Big or small. The more ornate the better! I'm going to try to finish the last card needed for the challenge for Verve. I believe their deadline is tomorrow. I hope you like this card! I'll be back later for CASE Study Challenge! See you then! :)






6 comments:

  1. Great sketch and an awesome take on it as well. I love the scrip background and that pretty ribbon is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous! LOVE that flourish and your stitching just pops...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jean! Love how you used your colors. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like the layered stamping and the black stitching for contrast. You used the colors beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, your card is just stunning! LOVE it. TFS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails